Monday, August 18, 2008
- 47% of those attending DO NOT believe in salvation by grace.
- 57% of those attending DO NOT believe in the authority of the Bible.
- 56% of those attending DO NOT believe Jesus is the only way to eternal life.
Join Ingrid Schlueter and Chris Rosebrough on this edition of the SliceCast as they discuss these new results the leaders there are producing from "leading smart" as they self-profess to be doing.
UPDATE (8/23/08): Tim Stevens, executive public relations correspondent and spin control supervisor at Granger Community Business replied to these results in this blog post. Now, I am having trouble deciding which is more shocking, the results or his response. Here's a quote from it:
"I would much rather be in a church where 57% don't believe in the Bible than in a church where 100% of those attending do believe in the Bible. That would be awful!"
No, Tim, it would be awful if we believed that what you have there is a church instead of the business of promoting narcissism* that it is. It's when you willingly deceive people for the idol of popularity that it affects sound judgment on other issues.
1) self-admiration or self-love; a tendency to over-estimate one's abilities and importance.
2) an exceptional interest in and admiration for yourself; "self-love that shut out everyone else".
3) a word I didn't make up.
END OF POST